A History of Giving Back
In 1936, Keeneland was created as a model race track for the Thoroughbred industry. Toward our founding mission, revenues from Keeneland’s racing and sales operations are reinvested in the horse industry, funding purse money for the tracks world-class racing program and supporting innovative marketing and research initiatives in the areas of equine safety and welfare.
Our founders also instilled a vision for contributing, not only to the betterment of racing, but to the Central Kentucky community of which we are an integral part.
Thank you for your interest in Keeneland Charitable Giving.
We have temporarily paused our Giving program until August 1, 2020 at which time we are hopeful our team may fully return to work, allowing for fulfillment of giving requests.
We appreciate your understanding and look forward to resuming more normal operations this fall.
The Keeneland Foundation restricts its annual monetary contributions to projects and organizations located primarily in Central Kentucky. Contributions have historically targeted capital expansion and equipment purchases, as well as endowment programs for scholarship funds with focus in the areas of health and human services; education; arts, culture and community; and Thoroughbred industry-related causes.
- Grant requests for the current year are accepted from January 1 – December 31. Applications are reviewed by our Foundation Committee with grants gifted in the 1st Quarter of the following year.
- To apply, please complete the grant application and submit in accordance with the below.
- Grant Application
- 501c3 Determination Letter, as referenced in the Grant Application
- Listing of Board of Directors
- Please email all requested information to email@example.com or mail to Keeneland Foundation, PO Box 1690, Lexington, KY 40588
- Any application that is incomplete will not be considered.
Funding will not be granted for requests:
- from individuals, political entities, primary and secondary schools, youth sports leagues, fraternal veterans organizations (unless the gift is in support of a recognized community project), and religious organizations for the exclusive benefit of one religious entity; or,
- for annual operating support or to purchase tickets or sponsorships for charitable tournaments, luncheons, dinners, etc.